Planning your trip
MEDICAL ASSITANCE AND INSURANCE
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
Railway Company Renfe discount:
The organization of the congress has negotiated with RENFE a 30% discount for the train tickets for national round trips and/or return to Barcelona for all attendees.
FROM AIRPORT TO TOWN
To go to the city (or back) can choose several types of transport:
- Bus number 46, to Plaza de España.
- Approximate journey time: 40 minutes to Plaça Espanya.
- Cost 2,20€ for single trip.
- At Terminal 1, stops are located outside the T1 Arrivals area (P0) and the Departures area (P3). Take Bus Route A1.
- At Terminal 2, the stop is located in front of the Joan Miró mural.
- Bus frequency: every 5 to 15 minutes from 06:00 to 01:00.
- Approximate journey time: 25 minutes to Plaça Catalunya.
- Cost: 5,90 € for a single trip. Tickets are available from ticket machines or may be purchased from the driver.
- Line 9S (Orange Line)
- Depending on where you would like to go to the city center, you would have to take a connecting metro. Click here to download the map.
The Metro operates every day from Monday to Thursday (5:00 am to midnight), Fridays and eves of public holidays (from 5:00 am to 2:00 am), non-stop on Saturdays and from 5:00 am until midnight on Sunday.
- Approximate journey time: 50 minutes.
- Cost: 4,5 € for a single trip. Tickets are available from ticket machines or may be purchased from the driver
- The RENFE train connects the airport with the city center, stopping at Barcelona Sants Railway Station.
- Approximate journey time: 19 minutes.
- The airport station is located opposite to T2, and is connected to this Terminal via an air bridge. There is a free shuttle bus service between the station and T1. Train frequency: every 25 minutes.
- Taxis are easy to find in both Terminals, simply follow the related signs.
- Please call +34 934 208 088 if you require a taxi for people with reduced mobility.
- Download the Official Taxi App for iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to calculate estimated time, distance and fares for taxis in the metropolitan Barcelona area. Click here for more information.