Planning your trip
Grupo Pacifico Meetings & Events provides different ways to help you plan your trip to Barcelona.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any special requirements or wish to extend your stay in Barcelona.
MEDICAL ASSITANCE AND INSURANCE
Emergency phone: 112
Participants are advised to make their own arrangements regarding travel insurance and medical assistance during the Congress. Neither the Organization nor the Secretariat are able to accept any responsibility whatsoever for damage or injury to persons or their belongings during the Congress
HOW TO GET TO BARCELONA
Barcelona airport, with two terminals (T1 and T2), is located 16 kilometres south of the city and is also known as Barcelona-El Prat. Barcelona can also be reached by transport links from other regional airports, including Girona, Reus and Lleida -Alguaire.
Barcelona has direct railway links with a number of important cities, including Paris, Zurich and Milan, and the high-speed train runs to Madrid, southern and eastern Spain. The city’s major railway stations and metropolitan rail network ensure you can travel to Barcelona and anywhere by train without any difficulties.
The bus station in Barcelona that has the most national and international connections is Barcelona Nord Bus Station. Buses also depart from Barcelona Sants station and other areas of the city.
FROM AIRPORT TO TOWN
To go to the city (or back) can choose several types of transport:
- Bus number 46, to Plaza de España.
- Approximate journey time: 40 minutes to Plaça Espanya.
- Cost 2,20€ for single trip.
The Aerobus departs from both Terminals (T1 and T2) and ends at downtown Plaça Catalunya:
- At Terminal 1, stops are located outside the T1 Arrivals area (P0) and the Departures area (P3). Take Bus Route A1.
- At Terminal 2, the stop is located in front of the Joan Miró mural.
- Bus frequency: every 5 to 15 minutes from 06:00 to 01:00.
- Approximate journey time: 25 minutes to Plaça Catalunya.
- Cost: 5,90 € for a single trip. Tickets are available from ticket machines or may be purchased from the driver.
- Line 9S (Orange Line)
- Depending on where you would like to go to the city center, you would have to take a connecting metro. Click here to download the map.
The Metro operates every day from Monday to Thursday (5:00 am to midnight), Fridays and eves of public holidays (from 5:00 am to 2:00 am), non-stop on Saturdays and from 5:00 am until midnight on Sunday.
- Approximate journey time: 50 minutes.
- Cost: 4,5 € for a single trip. Tickets are available from ticket machines or may be purchased from the driver
- The RENFE train connects the airport with the city center, stopping at Barcelona Sants Railway Station.
- Approximate journey time: 19 minutes.
- The airport station is located opposite to T2, and is connected to this Terminal via an air bridge. There is a free shuttle bus service between the station and T1. Train frequency: every 25 minutes.
- Taxis are easy to find in both Terminals, simply follow the related signs.
- Please call +34 934 208 088 if you require a taxi for people with reduced mobility.
- Download the Official Taxi App for iOS and Android devices. The app allows users to calculate estimated time, distance and fares for taxis in the metropolitan Barcelona area. Click here for more information.